The CBD in the city centre is where most business and commerce is located.
Features that identify the CBD
- · High/multi-storey buildings.
- · Expensive land values.
- · Department stores or specialist shops, like jewellers.
- · Shopping malls and pedestrian precincts.
- · Cultural/historical buildings, museums and castles.
- · Offices, finance, banks, administration, town hall (business sector).
- · Bus and railway stations (transport centres).
- · Multi-storey car parks.
The CBD is located in the centre because it is:
- · a central location for road/railways to converge
- · the most accessible location for workers
- · accessible to most people for shops and businesses